Sign up for the Bus Bulletin The WCSD Transportation Department is using Bus Bulletin notification system to notify parents and students when there are bus delays and scheduled changes. If you would like to receive instant notifications when delays or incidents affect your student's bus, please register with Bus Bulletin. To register, visit www.BusBulletin.com/parents.
For questions or additional information, please contact the WCSD Transportation Department at 850.8592.1100 ext 1642
Parent Drop-off/Pick-Up, Carpools & Walkers Butler Elementary School serves over 950 students. Many parents choose to transport their children to and from school. This can create a challenge in maintaining an effective flow of traffic while ensuring the safety of our students. There are designated drop-off and pick-up
· Any student dropped off before 7:40 a.m. should be walked in the front door of the school and wait in the cafeteria. There is no staff on duty outside for parent drop-off before this time.
· Parents of third and fourth grade students should enter the “bus loading” area and proceed to the back of campus to drop off students. Cars may not enter this area until buses have departed, so please wait until 7:45 to enter this zone. Students should not be dropped off on the “pavilion” side of campus. Doors in this area will be locked and students will not be able to enter the building.
· Students in grades K-2 should be dropped off in front of campus at the designated primary drop-off/pick-up zone. Traffic will proceed around the parking lots. Students should NOT be dropped off in the back of campus, near building 4, except at the area noted in the first bulleted item above.
· Students in grades 3 and 4, who have younger siblings, may be dropped off with their younger brother/sister at the primary unloading zone. K-2 children should never be dropped off in the back of campus with older siblings.
· The same zones are used for afternoon pick-up. K-2 students, and their older siblings, will be at the front loading zone. Parents should enter the front of campus, beside the marquis, and follow traffic. Children will be called and escorted to their cars. While waiting, there is strict adult supervision of children inside the building. Parents may not enter the hallway to pick children up, or walk up to the door for their children unless they live within walking distance of the school and have a “walker” pass. Walker passes are not available for parents who wish to park in the parking lot and walk up to claim their child.
· Parent pick-up for grades 3-4 is in back of campus. Entry into this area is not allowed until after buses have departed, at approximately 2:35. Students will be supervised in this area and escorted to cars as they are called.
· If you have more than one child and wish to only pick up in one area, send a note to the teacher of your 3rd or 4th grader telling them to send your child to the primary parent pick-up area where they will join their sibling.
· Thank you for your patience and assistance. The drop-off / pick-up process is always challenging for the first few days of school, but it will get better! We have excellent bus drivers if you live within our school’s zone, and would prefer to have school district transportation provided for your child.